Monday, October 5, 2009

Sick Sick Sick....

Well, we have had a crazy couple of weeks. Farren got sent home almost two weeks ago from school because she was running fever. I took her to the doctor and they said she had a sinus infection and an ear infection. Started her on antibiotics and some congestion medicine....and she did get better. However, last Thursday she got sent home from school again because she was running ANOTHER fever. OMG. So, straight back to the doctor we went. This time, they say that the antibiotics must of not been working for her. And switched it up. I'm pretty sure thats incorrect because she was pretty much better up until Wednesday, I'm almost positive she caught something from someone somewhere else along the way. Moving on.....Thursday night, I noticed Keagan was feeling a little warm. I waited till Friday morning to see if anything happened, and sure enough she was still warm come Friday morning. I started pumping tylenol and motrin in her, and by 2:30 her fever was 102.6! Yes, it went UP! Shortly before, I got a call from my mother in law to let me know someone's kid at my sister in laws wedding the weekend before tested positive for the H1N1 flu virus. Wonderful! So, I called her doctor and they are not accepting anymore patients for the day because the physician was leaving early, and told me if her fever is over 102.5, she needs to go to the ER. So, I call my mom to come watch the other two, and head to the ER with Keagan. OH MY GOD.....EVERYONE and there mother was there. Luckily, I got in right before the BIG rush, and only ended up being there 5 1/2 hours. This place was crazy though, I've never seen so many sick people in my life. They were making make-shift rooms to seperate people with similar problems, and passing out masks so that noone would catch anything else. INSANE!! So, after being moved to a second waiting area and getting back to a make-shift room they made out of a pre-op room, we find out that Keagan has a 103.6 fever at this point and the flu. Yuck!! My poor baby, we have been pumping meds in her, and she is showing signs of improving today. On the bad side....I started feeling OFF yesterday and checked my temp to see a 103.3 fever! So, I'm pretty sure I have it too. And.....to make matters worse, Chris woke me up at midnight not feeling well. I checked his temp and he was at 101.8. So, low and behold almost everyone in our house is sick. I am aboslutely T-E-R-R-I-F-I-E-D of Deakon getting sick and being so small. So we are on full quarantine around the baby. Masks, gloves, and hand sanitizer are our best friend right now. And so far, he is fine. I only hope to keep it that way. Please please please pray that everything passes!! I hate any of my babies being sick.

Not to mention today is our Wedding Anniversary!!
What a what to spend it!! I love you baby!




Here is what our weekend looked like...

2 comments:

Laiken's Mommy and Daddy!! said...

Happy Anniversary! Sorry to hear y'all are all sick! =( Hope you all get to feeling better very soon!

The Baggett Bunch said...

OMG....Abby! What a mess! I can't imagine what it is like at your household and I would be so terrified about Deakon getting sick also. Well, hope you had an okay anniversary and if you need anything let me know. Love ya and keeping your family in our prayers!