Saturday, March 27, 2010

Deakons [Before\After]

I had a couple people ask me what exactly Deakon had surgery on his ear for, so I thought I would post some pictures of what we had removed. The doctor suggested that we have them removed before they had the ability to grow larger. Mommy likes to think of them as his little beauty marks, they kind of gave him his personality. I was a litte sad to see them go. They were after all a part of him. I actually almost walked out of the hospital the morning of surgery when the anesthesiologist advised of the "risks" that may come along with the anesthesia. One of those risks being death. Ummmm.......OK! I looked at Chris and said, "Is it really worth the risk?" And he smiled and reassured me that it would be fine, he was a "Stuart" and that he was built to handle these things. Ha! Thanks for the reassurance babe. Much appreciated. Anyways, surgery went well and he woke up like a champ and was ready to go. Anyway, he is doing wonderful since and heaing very nicely. =)




No comments: