Monday, November 17, 2008

What a weekend....phew.....

Goodness, where to start??? We has a long, crazy, busy weekend. Friday, as soon as Farren got out of school, we rushed home to get her a bag packed. She had a slumber party to go to that night. Bag packed...check. Then we were off to the bank to get a visa gift card as a present. We went shopping the night before for a present but the sizes on the clothes were so different we opted for a gift card. =) Gift card...check. Now off to the party. Farren gets out of school at 3:45 and the party was suppose to start at 5, so we were rushing a bit. We made it to the party on time and 6 little girls greeted us at the door, eager that Farren was there. Kid dropped off...check. =) Back to the house for movie night with my husband and little daughter. Movie night.....check. Saturday morning we were up at 7 ready to go. We went by a garage sale with my mother in law, that ended up being my cousin's house. Small world. Then, we were off to pick farren up from the slumber party. After we got Farren from Haley's house, we headed to Garden Ridge to do some christmas decoration shopping. My husband seems to think we have enough, but I don't think you can ever have to many christmas decorations!! It is my favorite holiday!! Then we went by Conn's to look at some furniture and a new tv for our room. Mommy accidently broke the cable that the satelite plugs into on the tv, so no dish in our room. So, as a christmas present we are going to get a new tv on the wall for our room.=) After Conn's, it was back to the house to grab a quick lunch and let Keagan finish her nap. After lunch, we headed to a 2:00 movie to see Madagascar 2!! It was great and the girls loved it. Pheww.....Then we headed to Main Event for Farren's softball team party. The girls bowled, had cake and pizza, then got to play games. We ended up being ther until almost 8:00. Time for home. Thank god. We headed to the house. My sister in law, Wendi, and her boyfriend decided to stop by for a bit. So, they came over and we watched a movie. Finally off to bed around 11:30.....Heres where it gets interesting....5:30 a.m. rolls around, and I awake to my little one crying, just like every other morning. I go in and get her, sit down in the rocking chair to nurse her, our normal routine. She normally goes back to sleep for a couple of hours. Well, as I am nursing her, she begins to projectile vomit!! OH MY GOD I'm thinking. What is going on? I sit her up and she finishing throwing up and looks at me like....MOMMA WHY and WHAT??? Poor baby, I clean her off and hand her off to dad to clean myself off, as I have puke running down my stomach and legs....ewwwww!!!.... And to clean up her room. When I went to clean up her room, I noticed there was puke in her bed....so she must have thrown up sometime during the night but not awoke???? How scary! I load her up and we are off to Walmart to get some Pedialyte. The only place open at 5:45 in the morning. Return with pedialyte and start hydrating my baby. She is so thirsty and sucks down 4 ounces quickly. But before she finishing drinking, she sits up and begins to projectile vomit AGAIN!! Oh my god, poor thing. This is probably the saddest thing I have ever seen. I check her temperature, and nothing....its normal. So, we clean that mess up and give her a quick bath. A little time passes and we try again.....no luck, same thing. A little time passes and we try again. Nope....not yet....still throwing up. Poor thing, she is so thirsty, she kept grabbing at her cup to get a drink. I finally gave her little drinks at a time...and around 11 she took her first ounce and held it down. About 11:30 she took 2 more ounces and a few bites of cereal. Enough to fill her belly and let her rest for about 2 hours. She awoke from her nap hungry and thirsty. She drank and ate...and held it all down. Yeah!! But the poor baby had it coming out of the other end for the rest of the day....ewwww. Poor thing. I have no idea what was going on...I'm thinking some sort of stomach bug. She had no fever and was in a great mood. She wanted to stay in my lap but was happy and smiling. You woudn't have known she was sick if it wasn't for the throwing up. She was so worn out from it, she slept all night. Not something she normally does. And when she awoke this morning, she seems perfectly fine. WEIRD?!?!?!?!? So, I think I will be keeping close tabs on her today and hopefully we will get by without a doctor vistit.

OH, she did manage to stay up and watch the boys win!! She learned how to raise her arms by her head to signal a touchdown!! Its so cute! I will have to get it on camera. Yes Yes.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was also busy last week in my Thanksgiving shopping.