Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My poor sweet baby.....

Well, Keagan has made her first trip to the ER. My poor sweet baby love love loves to play in my jewelry. I have a jewelry box that stands about 3 and 1/2 feet tall and has 6 drawers and doors that open on the side. Its made of wood and its really heavy. Well, she decided last night that she wanted something out of one of the higher drawers and ended up pulling the whole thing over on her. I immediate freaked when I picked her up and the spot between her eyes was knotted out, and already turning blue. She was screaming bloody murder, the worst sound in the world. I saw it happening, but wasn't close to do anything in time. I ran out to the garage with her, and told Chris we were going the emergency room. Farren grabbed our diaper bag and we all hopped in the car. Chris decided we would go to a minor emergency place and get checked out to see if we should go downtown. Well, they took an x-ray, and after two hours of waiting, the doctor came in to tell us that the top of the nose right between the eyes was broken!! BROKEN!!! What??? He said it was still in alignment, so there probably wasn't much we could do. Huh???? Just getting the x-ray was hell. Literally, have you ever tried to get a 14 month old to lay flat AND still face up to get an x-ray??? Plus, mommy couldn't be by her side because I have little deedle in my belly. Anyway, she woke up this morning and one of her eyes was swollen shut and they were both turning black and blue. I already didn't feel comfortable with the doctor last night and what he said, so we decided we were going to the people who do it best, and headed down to Cook's around 8 this morning. Farren was having a "free day" at school, so she went with me. Anyway, after 6 hours of waiting and a CAT scan later, there are NO broken phones. NONE....I repeat NONE. Oh thank the lord!!! Just alot of brusing and swelling. But, she WILL get back to normal. After a long night of worry and no sleep, this was such a huge relief. So, here are a few pictures of my poor baby and the battle against the jewelry box that she lost.....it is by far the saddest thing i've ever seen and just breaks my heart. =( So, we'll be praying for a speedy recovery.





********************


********************

******************

*******************
Safe at home watching Madagascar 2....

************
Safe in sissy's arms.....


4 comments:

Laiken's Mommy and Daddy!! said...

Poor Baby!! Hope she gets to feeling better soon, that looks painful!! Take care and maybe you could wrap Miss Keagan in bubble wrap until shes 30. =)

Leah

Betty said...

Awe pobrecita...the story is sad, but those pictures make it even worse.

HMitch said...

Oh Man, the second picture looks so so sad/terrible. She actually looked much better today when I saw her. (She still looked sad though) Hope she's better soon.

Brooke said...

Oh, how sad...I feel so sorry for her and you. I can't imagine what you were going through. Peyton fell and hit the corner of our coffee table. I totally freaked out. Luckily, she was fine and lucky for you all, Keagan is fine too. I hope she feels better real soon.