Wednesday, July 1, 2009

18 months and another ear infection...

Keagan Jade Stuart
18 months
***************
***************
***************
***************
***********
***************
***************
***************
I took Keagan in on Monday for her 18 month check up. She weighed in at 22 pounds, and was 30 1/2 inches tall. She 25% in both categories, her doctor said she is perfectly proportional. How cute! =) However, I had her double check her ears because since I have quit breastfeeding, she has had 3 ear infections. And low and behold she looked in the first one and said, "Ohhhhh, that one doesn't look good." What, are you serious? She has been the best baby in the world. With her other three ear infections, she ran fever and was irritable. Didn't want me to put her down or to bed....definitley out of the norm. She has been an angel baby. She looked in her second ear and said, "Ohhhh, this one looks even worse!" OH MY GOD!! My poor baby has a double ear infection. Poor thing. =( At least she isn't showing any signs of it bothering her. They are giving her a new type of Z-pack. She gets one large dose on the first day and it remains in her system for 15 days. We go back on the 23rd to see if it works. However, her doctor said if it keeps up, she will eventually need tubes. Damn...I was hoping she wouldn't inherit this trait from me. I had them, and Farren had them as well. The doctor did say if I wouldn't have breastfed for so long, it would have been worse. So, they made me happy. =) I did some good.
On a side note, she is doing awesome. I can't believe she is already 18 months. Time is going by so fast, it makes me so sad. Its crazy to think of her as not being a baby anymore. She is literally sprinting everywhere. She loves to play peek a boo. She has 16 teeth....woah! She loves to blink her eyes slowly. She will cover her head with her blankie to play. Sometimes, its mommy's head, or daddy's head, or sissy's head, or mommy's belly, anything she can "hide" and then "find." She loves to run in her room and hide and then run back into the living room to scare us. She is a very polite child, and is figuring out when exactly to use thank you and welcome. It is so cute, I have been trying to video this. She knows there is something in my belly and loves to play with it. She rubs it, kisses it, covers it up, and points to it when asked where the baby is. She is figuring out about people's belly buttons and loves to point and poke at them. Her new favorite saying is "I see you". She says alot of other words: sissy, momma, dada, night night, thank you, welcome, here, ball, duck, blankie, drink, bite, uh oh, hello, bye bye, ma, me, mine, whats that, who is that, and dog. I'm sure there are more, but thats all I can think of at the moment. She is sleeping about 11 hours a night. And goes to bed around 9....she loves night night time, and loves being put in her bed to go to sleep. She is so easy....and chooses every night if she wants mommy or daddy to lay her down. She loves to eat with a real fork and spoon....no more of the plastic stuff. It doesn't stab the food like the real stuff. =) Her hair is almost long enough for a ponytail! I can't wait for this one! And she loves to have her toenails painted. We try to do them at least once a week. She is really good about showing or telling you what she wants. She will point to what she wants or take to what she wants or needs. She absolutley loves grapes, this is by far her favorite snack. She goes through a whole bag on her lonesome almost every week or two. They are in her own bowl on the bottom shelf of the fridge so that she can reach them. She loves to shut the doors, and if you leave it open, she will shut it for it. She also likes to help unload\load the dishwasher, and loves to shut that door. She loves repetitive toys and toys where you can stick blocks through the holes, or pop up toys. She could do them over and over.

Anyway, I still can't believe she is already a year and a half old! Her birthday will be here in no time. She went to her cousins party recently and they made the same cake I made for Keagan at her party, and she threw a huge fit thinking it was for her! She kept saying "MINE, MINE, MINE!" and Chris had to take her into the other room to distract her! So, I'm sure she will be thrille to get her own birthday cake again. =)

Happy 18 months little stinker!!!

1 comment:

Betty said...

She's such a cutie! Double ear infections are no fun, poor baby girl. :(