Saturday, July 25, 2009

36 weeks....

How your baby's growing:Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of her first bowel movement.At the end of this week, your baby will be considered full-term. (Full-term is 37 to 42 weeks; babies born before 37 weeks are pre-term and those born after 42 are post-term.) Most likely she's in a head-down position. But if she isn't, your practitioner may suggest scheduling an "external cephalic version," which is a fancy way of saying she'll try to coax your baby into a head-down position by manipulating her from the outside of your belly.
Update: I'm still pregnant...yay! I had my three appointments this week, and didn't find out much. Just that my bp is still on the rise and staying high. Which is expected the further along I get. We should find out something tuesday on exactly when we should be delivering. The doctor did say he feels comfortable delivering me at this point. So, I'm very happy about that. We are a little more than a week away from meeting our little bundle, and I CANNOT wait. The anxiety has set in and I am having a hard time sleeping anticipating it. Hopefully, the next week will go by fairly quick. I have some new sono and 3d pics from our last appt I need to get uploaded. So, I will aim to do that Monday. =)
Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Already the 3rd one?? Congratulation hun! You are my super hero mum (here I am thinking that my one little baby is hard work!) Have you thought about names? http://www.bounty.com/babynames/ is a great place to search. Good luck with the pregnancy hun, i have all my fingers and toes crossed for you xxx