Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The good news and the bad news....

Why does it always seem like once you get over one hurdle, there is another one fast approaching????

The Good-Well, Deakon went for his test last week, and we got results back saying that he is PERFECT! Yes, that is correct, perfect. Thank the lord there is nothing wrong with his little kidneys! I having been counting my blessings over and over that he is ok. I can't even imagine how those poor mothers feel when they get bad news about there little. I just know what a wreck I and the rest of my family was while waiting for this. So, thank you for all of you who were praying for us and Little D.

The Bad-Some of you may know that I hurt my knee almost 6 weeks ago. Well, I waited and waited and thought that if I waited long enough, it would just....well....go away. I assumed it was just a sprain or a twist or something along those lines. Well, 6 weeks later, I still:
-cannot straighten my leg out completely
-bend my leg back
-Cannot walk like a normal person
-Cannot sleep because it just throbs
-And cannot lift my leg over the bathtub! (I have to sit down and slide it over)

Anyway, my husband finally convinced me that I needed to go to the doctor. So, I did. And they then sent me to go have an MRI done on my knee to check the ligaments, tendons, meniscus, and muscle tissue. My doctor called today with my results and they were not good. I have three different issues. One, my ACL, or Anterior Cruciate Ligament, has a complete disruption...in other words, its completely tore. Two, I have a large C shaped tear in the anterior horn of my meniscus. And Three, I have a small tear in my LCL, or Latteral Collateral Ligament. My two remaining ligaments are pulled and swollen. So, needless to say, I got my answer why my knee isn't getting any better. I now have to go see a orthopedic doctor to consult with him on surgery to have everything repaired. Not sure how quickly this is going to be done though, we have no insurance. Damn. This is going to be an expensive injury.

2 comments:

Blankenship Babbles said...

Do you have Sam's email? She has a knee Dr, and I think she was very pleased with him. So glad to hear little D is A-Ok! Happy Birtday by the way!!!

Anjolee said...

Glad your little man is okay!

Sorry to hear about your knee. Hopefully you will be able to get that worked out soon so you can start to get back to normal.