Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Happy Birthday....

First and foremost, I just want to say this post is going to be a bit out of the norm for me. But, something has been compelling me all day that I need to get this out and down. As most of you that know me, know that Farren's father, Mike, passed away three years ago in June. Today would have been his 31st birthday, AND our 5th wedding anniversary. Needless to say, Farren was having a tough time this morning. Luckily, her grandma picked her up early from school and they spent the day together remembering him. It seems the older she gets, the harder it is on her every year that he is gone. Which, in turn, makes me sooo thankful that we have Chris here to help with some of the pain in the Step-dad area and do "dad" type things with her. Although he will never replace him or take his role, he has done an amazing job being her step-dad. Anywho, with Mike being such a big part of my life for such a long time, I just wanted to take a moment, say a prayer, and send a happy birthday wish out to him. So, if you could, take a moment, and relish in the person, father, and husband that he was, and send him up some birthday wishes too. Please also say a little prayer for his family, our daughter, and especially his mom, who is one of the most amazing women I have ever met. Amazing and as strong as she is, I know that she struggles terribly through these days. Many of you out there know all to well how it feels to lose a child. And every little thought and prayer her way helps.

Anyway, Happy Birthday and Happy Annivesary Mike, you will never be forgotten, and you will always be missed.

We love you.

2 comments:

Betty said...

Nathan was just going over the birthdays for this month with Dano and talking about Mike's. I never really knew him, but I feel like I did through all of you.

HMitch said...

Thanks for this acknowledgment of Mike on this special day. I know its not true, but we often feel like people are starting to forget about him. The world just isn't the same without him:( And I thank God we have Farren because he lives on in her. Happy Birthday Mikey!