Monday, May 18, 2009

26 weeks....


How your baby's growing:The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.
Update: I am still doing pretty good. I go back this Friday to check my urine and blood pressure and do my glucose testing. Yuck! We got back from our vacation last night, and OH MY GOD I was glad to be home. We had a really good time, but that is going to be another post. =) I will say though, we caught over 210 pounds of fish. =) So, needless to say...we will be eating some fish for a while if anyone wants to join us. I did notice that the heat and being on my feet all day tends to make my swelling situation worse. There were a few times I had to just stop and sit back for a while because I couldn't see my ankle or knee bones. Also, I had to take my wedding ring off because I thought I was going to lose circulation in my finger. Anywho, we will know a little more on friday. I'm so glad to be back home with my babies. I hope everyone is having a great week!!

No comments: